NOAI English全部背诵材料

Recitation · D7

Money, Time, and Attention

三种资源里只有注意力买不到——这是投资自我和投资资产的分水岭。

Reference audio

示范朗读

正常速整段跟读与节奏对照
慢速 −30%音素级精听,逐词确认发音

合成示范音,用于对照节奏与音素,不是唯一正确读法。

Original text

英文全文

左(或上)为英文定稿,右(或下)为你当初写的中文原话,逐句对照。英文是照中文译的,不是反过来。

  1. We usually have three kinds of resources: money, time, and attention.

    我们手里通常有三种资源,金钱,时间,注意力。

  2. Education, at its core, is investing in ourselves.

    教育的本质是投资自我。

  3. Every investment works the same way: it requires time as a basic means of production.

    天下的投资都一样,投资就需要时间作为基本生产资料,

  4. Anything that takes no time, or very little time, is not investing.

    不花时间的或者只花很少时间的不是投资,

  5. We have another name for that: speculation.

    我们对这样的行为有另外一个称呼,叫作投机。

  6. When we invest, what we're really doing is always the same — we're pouring money into time.

    投资的时候,我们做的事情,本质上来看都一样,其实是在往时间里倾注金钱。

  7. If we use a dollar-cost-averaging strategy, we keep pouring money into time — but never our attention.

    如果采用定投策略的话,那就是不断往时间里倾注金钱但绝不倾注注意力。

  8. When we learn — or, in other words, when we invest in ourselves — there's one key difference.

    当我们学习的时候,或者说,当我们投资自我的时候,有个重点区别,

  9. We still pour money into time, but more importantly, we pour our attention into it too.

    我们要往时间里倾注的也有金钱,但与此同时,更重要的是注意力。